shake your tail feather, Heather


My little sister just recently had her Marde Gras themed winter formal dance and this is what remains of it -plumage. I personally think the Marde Gras theme is overplayed but for good reason. I would jump at any opportunity to cover half my face, let my lipstick do the talking, while my tail feathers shake and attract all the little flockers. No one is taken for face value while the bird sitting on it does the mating calls for you. We thrifted her silky sky blue dress during winter break (though it was rather expensive considering it was "thrift") when I suggested making her own mask with black and peacock feathers. However, my dad ended up creating this "maskerpiece." Not too bad? My dad experimented with art for a while back in high school so he's a natural, he even used to help us with science projects... but now I guess he's promoted himself to designing Marde Gras masks for school dances. This probably wasn't included in the job description when he decided to become a father, but I don't hear him complaining... actually, he volunteered. 

ps. Polaroid film was getting a bit too expensive for me so I googled "polaroid" and this is what I got: POLAROID.net. I used to be extremely against pholaroid (phony polaroids) but this application is pretty legit! You even have to shake the picture with your mouse in order for it to "develope." Hahaha. This will have to do until I can afford real polaroid film again. Expect more pholaroids from me!

Love,
Liz Kim